Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fear and Loathing in My Craft Space

Happy Sunday! I wanted to do a quick update on my progress on the painting/art journal/mixed-media front. It definitely has not been an easy week on the crafty front. I got one piece done that I'm fairly happy with.

I drew this girl from start to finish. I think that this is the thing that held me back the most. I did not want to mess up the eyes or make her look like a rabid Muppet. I find that it's much harder to finish a piece when I'm responsible for the facial features. It seems to be the most scary part of the process for me. It's something that I'll be working hard to push through in the next few months. I plan on practicing in a sketchbook so that I improve on my facial features, and more importantly...my confidence. Speaking of scary, I tried to do two different assignments from Lifebook 2014 and this is my progress…

In all fairness, there were problems from start to finish. The clear gesso did not react well to my graphite pencil. I was totally mystified by making a 3-D swing. And I'm having the hardest time with proportion. It was definitely a "draining my will to live" kind of situation. I don't know if I'll be going back to these assignments anytime soon - but I hope that I'll be courageous enough to revisit them before the class ends in December.

Anyhoo… That's it for now. I hope everyone has had a really great weekend. I also hope that everyone has a really great week full of creativity, crafts, and fun. Until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info