Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Day


It's Monday - the beginning of a new week and there's only one thing I know for sure - I need this blog.  I need to write in it - to express where I'm at right now.  I have big plans for rethinking, reorganizing, revamping this blog.  I want to make it more meaningful for so many reasons.  Right now - I think I'm getting the most out of it.  That's not a bad thing at all - it's just that it's time to move and stretch and grow into something else.  The thing is - I don't want to give up my voice or my approach.  It's so hard to embrace change.  I want to move forward and not lose too much of what I love about this little piece of my life.  I know this is the path I'm supposed to be on - I just need to keep moving.  It was naive to think I could make big changes in 5 days - I know better now.  No matter where I'm heading - I need to stay in this place while I figure it out.  So I'm back on - for now! :)


Let's move on to more creative things.  I want to start by asking a question.  Are you the kind of crafter that thinks about the high chance of your card being discarded while you're creating it?  I'm not - at least not until today.  And I have to say one thing - I won't be doing it ever again.  I came up with the card above and I don't like it.  I didn't take the time to layer and think about the best way to approach the card.  I didn't look through my papers slowly and play with color combinations.  That's my process and I'm sticking to it.  If you're one of those people that think about the circular file, how do you do it?  Does it change your creative process?  How do you stay true to your own design aesthetic?  I think the answer for me lies in my motivation to create cards.  I make cards because it's fun, relaxing, creative, and an opportunity to unwind, release, etc.  I make them for that reason solely.  It makes no difference to me if they end up in the trash can.  It's about the process not the end result.  Don't get me wrong - it's great to get compliments and oohhs and ahhhs but it's just not why I do it.  The positive reactions are perks in my book.  The joy is in the making.  So I will never think about that sort of thing again - it's just not for me!  I would love to hear your take on the circular file dilemma.

Today:  Grocery shopping, card delivering, and a quick stop by my second home for a marble mocha coffee.  Yum.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.  It feels great to be back.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info