Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Confessions: Scrapbooking Children

Another Sunday and another confession...I'm hoping no one will be offended by it.  I'm a single scrapper.  No children, no boy in my picture.  But since my newest nephew was born, I have come to a realization...babies/children actually make my scrapbooking easier.  It gives me a subject, purpose, and let's just face it - they're adorable.  I've always suspected that those scrappers with children had one leg up on me.  The boy has confirmed that.  However, I know I have the great privilege of extra time.  Still, there's only so much one girl can scrap about books, cupcakes, and a banshee cat.  And trust me, as an introvert, I'm not nearly interesting enough to scrapbook year round.  I don't travel or go to fancy restaurants.  My life is pretty small - and I'm okay with that.  I just have to confess - babies make scrapbooking something special.  Here's just one more piece of evidence...

Paper: Glitz Design; American Crafts; Die Cuts: Glitz Design; Crate Paper; KI Memories; Embellishments: Studio Calico; Stickers: American Crafts; Echo Park Paper: Other: Thread; Buttons

This was not an easy layout to finish.  I had some problems with overworking it.  Still, it's done and I enjoy it all the same.  Please note the elephants and his signature paper.  He gives me a reason to tell stories where there was a void before.  And that's definitely a part of me.  I would never put that off on anyone else.  Scrapping means different things for different people.  I just know - this baby has been a big part of jumping me into the action phase of creating.  I appreciate him so much.  So that's it for this Sunday evening.  I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.  Until then...

P.S. I also greatly appreciate that right now he's with his momma (my sister) while I write this blog post.  I know what I have is pretty great too, just really different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info