Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Five

Happy Friday! I want to welcome everyone to a new weekly feature focused on five things that are important to me at this moment. These posts will range from the mundane to inspirational goodness to the somewhat wacky. I thought I'd start my first post with five crafty products I'm loving right now. These are items that can be found on most of my recent pages. Some of these pretties have made me approach crafting in a different way.  So without further ado.

1. Capture Yes, Please Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stenciling Kit
These beauties have totally revolutionized the way I approach my scrapbooking pages. I'm totally in love with this product.  There are actually two sets; the first set is pictured below and the second set (Inspired) is mostly letters and numbers.  I have both sets and am desperately trying to figure out how to make the letters work.  Each set comes with three different colors of embroidery thread and needles.  I love the image set.  Love it.


Source Image

2.  Yes, Please Amy Tangerine for American Crafts
This line was one of my favorites from the winter CHA show.  It's been a huge influence in my pages but not quite as much as the next item on my list.  Click on the link to see the whole line.  It's amazing

Source Image
 
3.  Lucky Charm Dear Lizzy for American Crafts
I wasn't sure about this line initially.  I was really turned off by the horses.  I'm not a horse fan - a story for a different time -  so I just sort of wrote the whole line off.  Totally my mistake...because it's beautiful.  There were two papers that really made me see the light so to speak.


Stargazers - Source
Falling Stars - Source
I really love the B-side of the Falling Stars paper.  It says "love you to the stars and back."  It's one of my favorite sayings.  Also - the star maps are completely amazing.  I just love this line so much.  So glad I didn't let the horses completely block my view.

I've really been trying to use my spray inks with intention and the slightest amount of fear.  I have a number of different brands - but the Dylusions have the most concentrated color.  I am using them primarily as a splattering tool.  Loving every minute of it despite the occasional mishap and swear word.  It's really giving me a chance to be artsy with the smallest loss of control.  
Source Image

I've been using a lot of their small stamps on my layouts.  My layouts haven't been big on journaling lately - but they do have a saying here or there thanks in part to Cocoa Daisy Stamps.  I've also been using this set from KI memories.


Before I go, I want to share one layout with a lot of the elements I've shared from above.  On this layout you can see four of the five products.  I really love the way this layout turned out.  I had a hard time with the finishing touches but am generally happy with the final result.  I particularly love my own take on patterned insta-frames.  

Supplies: Cardstock: Archivers; Patterned Paper; American Crafts, Echo Park Paper; Stickers: American Crafts, KI Memories; Brad: Basic Grey; Template: American Crafts; Doily: Michaels; Other: Buttons, Thread

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I would love to hear what's making you happy on the crafting or reading front at this time.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Info